Friday, February 15, 2008

Office antics


Well I made a Staples run last week to pick up supplies for the office. How lame it is to be walking through the aisles searching for ink cartridges and such during the middle of a day. It was then that I discovered my new favorite gadget, the Staples Easy Button©. The soothing tones of the announcer saying that was easy just stole $5 out of my pocket. This circular shaped gadget of joy has kept me well entertained ever since. There is now no need for biting sarcasm or dry humor, when I am just one punch of the red button away from bringing joy to many. It is all a matter of timing, and to use the device sparingly, and I have become a master of that nuance. In a way it is like a musical instrument, like a small chime that sounds good in the background.

Though this instrument of delight brings me loads of entertainment, there is a part of me that is never quite satisfied. This is when Mike in the office came across this jewel of wisdom  http://www.impulsedesign.com/easy_button.pdf. Yes an evil button folks, now we are talking. We have decided to get a plank of wood, paint John Jay College Engineering Department on it, and do this project during work hours. We have even informed our supervisor that if you see us with a blow torch, a dremel, and a sledgehammer, to not be shocked and just look the other way. We have considered many options in what to make the thing say. We have thought of creating a life sized poster of Matthew Lesko, and have it say FREE MONEY! We have also considered other options such as Look Ma No Pants and many others.

No comments: