Monday, February 25, 2008

Career Advice



Well it is late at night and I am working on my applications for law school, which like a fat nerd on eharmony, will surely be sent to the rejection pile. It is somewhat depressing doing all of this work for an eventual rejection, because it really doesn't mean anything. My LSAT score basically disqualifies me from even being spit on by these admissions committees. Well anyway while I sulk, I have been thinking of possible careers that someone with a BA and an MA in Criminal Justice can do. Firstly, I think trucking can be a career for me. I like to travel, I like big trucks, and I like drugs... wait I don't like drugs. Well never the less, hauling a big ass 18 wheeler around can be a decent job. I have also thought of breaking into the high tech world of plumbing. Talk about a good paying profession. People will give you a blank fucking check to make sure their house isn't flooded with their own shit, and hence create their own pile of meaningless excrement. I have also thought of being a swindler. I can talk jive as good as the next guy, and well thats almost like becoming a lawyer. This is a lesson to those wanting to go to college, become a marketing major. Go out there and sell product, convince clients of your workflow skills, be a good company man/woman/disembodied voice, be a go getter. It is scary to think that my options are either to take a risk on some crazy idea, or play it safe and become a cog in some wheel. There really isn't any meeting point between the two. With great risk comes great reward, playing it safe will get you a decent apartment and a Toyota Corolla. Not that I wouldn't want a decent apartment and a Toyota Corolla, but... I don't know yet.

No comments: