Sunday, February 10, 2008

The buzz of social noise

I was in a coffee shop with Jen tonight, talking about the matters of the day. I told her that I was almost motivated enough to start a real blog. She told me in the most eloquently way possible "do it!" In the words of the "Dead Poet's Society", I now say gather ye rosebuds while ye may... carpe diem. With the precision of those words I offer an introduction. A blog that can be described as a rambling pile of excrement, a bloggers blog, the type of blog that makes you feel like you have just been punched in the gut.

I welcome myself to the "blogosphere" with little fanfare, because I deny the existence of this so called community. It reminds me of the inevitable candidate for public advocate in any number of cities who runs on the platform of "once I will take office, I will destroy it". Hence I take on the same position, and thus will condemn the very thing I am doing. Yes this is hypocritical, but I will later discuss politics, so this will become an important construct to understand. Ah the blogosphere filled with the social noise of today, and I am just another contributor with little to say and much to replicate. With the saturation of media, we have come to the point where the content is readily available, and we are just looking for another voice to repeat what we all know. Hence the blogosphere is a sea of "mash ups", "aggregators", and other buzz words. We have come to the point where this so much crap that it must be synthesized into some incremental dosages.

So on that note you will have to anticipate what might appear on this page, or what might not. Will I let the page live, or will I crush it like grape? Will there be cutting analysis or mere replication? Ehh I don't know yet, so you will have to think about it.

1 comment:

mellowbeing said...

I'm sitting at the edge of my seat for the next episode ;)