Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shitty SXSW report: The food




Well I am home from SXSW and since I didn't have my laptop with me like the thousand people who brought their Macbook Pro's with them, I am catching up on my blogging now. In fact I wanted to play punch buggy iPhone and Macbook Pro with Jen, but she thought we would be dead in a pool of our own blood by the end of the conference if we had indeed done that. Even I felt like I had a become a corporate sheep jeez.

Anyway I thought I would start out with a full report on the food I experienced in Austin... so basically this is a pro-Biscuit, and Biscuit advocating blog, so if you have differing Biscuit views than myself, I think it is time for you to pull the parachute and jettison out of this blog entry. I must say that I just loved breakfast in Austin, it became a ritual, driving downtown with Josh and Jen and getting a hearty breakfast. I had some Migas, which is a combo of eggs, cheese, tortillas, beans, and assorted other splendid country goodness. I went to the promised land of tex-mex breakfast... and it was good. I also sampled a variety of pancakes, particularly enjoying cornmeal. Then of course there are biscuits. I believe I should start a chain in New York called Chicken Biscuit, where all foods are put into a biscuit sandwich, for thousands if not millions to enjoy. crab cake on a biscuit, hamburger on a biscuit, and of course chicken on a biscuit. Indeed a delight for us all to enjoy.

Dinner was a more hit or miss proposition. We had a good sampling on Friday, with Ruby's and Mangia's. Ruby's being a top notch bbq place with all the fixins you can ask for, and Mangia's being a kind of pizzeria Uno's type joint. On Saturday we insisted on going to spaghetti warehouse. I had abused baby cow or veal as they call it. It was alright, but I must say we only really went because the name just sounded so bizarre. It seemed as though we were shopping at Ikea for lasagna. Monday night we went to a tex-mex place called Oasis up in the hills. The view was quite splendid, but the food was rather average. All in all some good eats in Austin

2 comments:

mellowbeing said...

Did you draw that? It's a great portrayal - a smile from ear to ear when you hear "biscuits". heheh.

Ben Agata said...

Thanks for the comment my one and only reader. No that was drawn by Shannan from my office, shes a great artist